FATS- Saturated fats, unsaturated fats, fats for muscle building or fat loss, limit your fat intake, fats sources.

Spread the love

What are fats:

Fats are one of the macronutrients and a great source of energy. It works as fuel for our body to do daily activities. Fats play a primary role in managing the levels of the No1 Male hormone called testosterone.

Types of fats:

There are two types of fats: saturated fats and unsaturated fats. Now let’s know the contrast between saturated and unsaturated fats.

Saturated fat:

It is an unhealthy source of fat, and the moment we start consuming saturated fat in excess amounts, it shows us the adverse consequences on our body. This type of fat found in Pizza, burgers, and all oily and processed food.

Unsaturated fats:

Unsaturated fat is a healthy source of fat. We can consume them from peanut butter, dry fruits, Olive oil, canola oil, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, etc.
There are two categories of unsaturated fat, that is monounsaturated fat and polyunsaturated fat. Everyone has a mentality that if you want to be fit and nourishing, then you have to stay aside from fat, but the matter is the problem is not in fats the actual problem is your mindset about fats. If we consume healthy fats in a precise quantity, then It will help us to reach our fitness aim and also inspire our body to act well.

How to calculate your fat intake for muscle building or fat loss:

Each person should consume 25% fat per day and the rest of the amount that is 75% through carbohydrates and proteins.

Assume you already consume 2500 calories per day, which means you have to take 25% calories from fats. 25% of 2500 calories is 625 calories. We convert this into grams 625/9 =69.4 (Approx 70 grams of fats per day).

  Note: (1gram of fat has 9- calories).

Now you should know that 70 grams of fat are a combination of good or bad fat. You have required both the fats to live fit.

Now let’s walk one step forward and see the upper limit of saturated fat per day. The upper limit of saturated fat is around 7-8% per day.

7% of 2500 will come to around 175-calories. As I explained before one, gram of fat is equivalent to 9 calories. So 175/9= 19.4 approx. (20grams) . It means 20 grams of saturated fat you should consume if you absorb 2500 calories per day. And the rest of the 50 grams you should consume through unsaturated fat.

Now, the question that will came to your mind is why you should consume bad fat don’t-worry I will tell you the reason.

saturated fat is equivalently relevant, like unsaturated fat. The reason behind this is saturated fat is liable for hormonal production called testosterone. Adjust your fat intake according to your goal If your goal is fat loss, you have to eliminate an unhealthy source of fat from your diet, and for muscle building, you have to add some healthy sources of fat and protein in your diet.


Testosterone produced by the human body affects a man’s appearance and sexual health. It also helps to build muscle.

How to limit your fat intake:

Now the point is how can we manage fat consumption. It is practically unimaginable to measure fat intake per meal throughout the day. Don’t bother I will give a practical and comfortable solution to limit your fat intake that will help you to achieve your fitness goals. Limit your fat intake is only a game of increasing and deduction. You have to add good sources of fat in your diet and eliminate inferior sources of fat from your diet.

sources of fats:

Use olive oil for cooking rather than any other oil. I know the bulk of the people use refine oil, mustard oil, and other oils for cooking, but sometimes, short-term savings can give you long-term losses because in refine and other oils high amount of saturated fat is present. In the Long -Run it, creates a blockage in your heart, and later on, it becomes a reason for a heart attack. If you can’t afford olive oil, use desi ghee for cooking. It’s a safer pick than other oils.
Use skimmed or low-fat milk rather than full cream milk. If you want to eat whole chicken instead of that only eat chicken breast.
Develop a habit of doing exercise daily. These small practices will give you healthy outcomes in the long run and make your life fitter and more enjoyable.
I hope this information about fats will add some value to your life and encourages you to bring some positive modifications to your life.

Spread the love

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Exit mobile version