- What are Mass Gainers?
- Key Ingredients:
- How Do Mass Gainers Work?
- When to Use Mass Gainers:
- Dosage and Tips:
If you are skinny and unable to gain some healthy muscle mass, As a solution to this problem, you have heard about the supplements called mass gainers. These supplements contain a good amount of calories.
Moreover, you need to understand what mass gainers are, how they work and how to use them in the best possible way to achieve your fitness goals.
In Today’s article, we will break down all the concepts of mass gainers so that you can easily make wise choices during your mass-gaining journey.
What are Mass Gainers?
Mass gainers are the simple and easiest way to increase your calorie consumption of the day, mainly with the help of carbohydrates and protein; athletes and individuals majorly use these two macronutrients to gain healthy muscle mass and weight.
They are available in powder form, which you can mix with water or milk to make a calorie-rich shake.
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are the primary ingredient in the mass gainers, majorly from sources like maltodextrin or oats. Carbs are the primary energy source and help restore muscle glycogen levels for faster recovery after a workout.
- Protein: Protein is the second main ingredient in mass gainers; as we all know, we need protein to repair our muscles. Mass gainers have a blend of proteins, including casein or plant-based protein sources like pea or rice protein.
- Fats: Some mass gainers in the market contain coconut oil or medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) as a healthy source of fats to add healthy calories to your daily routine.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Mass gainers also help you to complete your daily dosage of vitamins and minerals to support your internal health and muscle growth.
How Do Mass Gainers Work?
Mass gainers provide you with a good amount of calories in the form of carbs and protein. Let’s understand How mass gainers will help you in your muscle gain journey:
The thumb rule for gaining muscle mass is you have to keep your calories high throughout the day. One scoop of Gainer provides 500-600 calories that provide your body extra energy for muscle gain.
They also have a good amount of protein in them and support muscle protein synthesis; it is a process of your body to build and repair your muscle tissue after exercise. A good amount of protein consumption is essential for muscle growth.
Carbohydrates are responsible for restoring glycogen levels in your muscles, and higher glucogen levels ensure you have enough energy for intense workout and recovery.
Most people cannot get extra food in solid form to increase their calorie intake throughout the day, so Gainer is a very convenient option for them to achieve a calorie surplus.
When to Use Mass Gainers:
If you want to build healthy muscle mass or gain weight, then only you should buy a gainer.
You can also consume Mass Gainer after a workout as a post-workout shake because, at that time, you need to refuel your glycogen levels and accelerate your muscle repair process.
They are best for those who have less time to prepare meals because of their busy schedules and face difficulties in consuming high-calorie meals.
Dosage and Tips:
Follow Serving Instructions:
It would help if you always consumed Mass Gainer according to the instructions mentioned on the label because overdosage of supplements can hamper your health instead of giving benefits. It will also increase the chances of fat gain.
You don’t need to depend only on supplements to increase your calorie intake. Instead, you can gradually increase your food intake week by week to add some calories through whole food.
No diet is complete without water, so you have to drink at least 3-4 litres of water every day, which can help the nutrients reach every muscle.
Consult a Professional:
If you have a terrible medical history or are currently facing health issues, you should consult any healthcare professional or doctor before adding any supplement to your diet.