What is protein:
It is a blend of 20 amino acids in which 11 is non-essential, and 9 is essential amino acids.
Essential amino acids are not produced by our bodies on their own. We have to take these amino acids from the outside.
Non-essential amino acids are produced by our bodies on their own. It also contains carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, and sulfur, and it is observed in many foods.
There are three forms of protein available in the market that is concentrate, isolate, and hydrolyzed. These forms are available in powder form called whey protein powders. The main difference in these forms is the digestion time and its price.
|Isolate||Less expensive than|
What is the daily requirement of protein for males and women?
Everyone believes that It is only valuable for people who belong to the fitness industry, but it is also a building block of our good health. Its requirement is different according to individuals activity level.
A human being who does not want to build muscle building requires an exact amount of protein in grams equal to his/her weight.
For example: Assume a person whose weight is 70 kg requires 70grams of protein every day for healthy living.
The per-day requirement For muscle building:
Everyone requires just double the amount of protein according to their weight.
For example, A person whose weight is 70 kg required 140 grams of protein every day.
Word of caution:
Things that you have to always keep in mind before adopting a high protein diet:
- Always drink 2-3 liters of water per day when you are on high protein diet because it increases blood circulation in your body, which makes it easy for nutrients to travel through the blood and reach muscles. And it also helps your kidneys in the filtration of your blood.
- If you already have a medical condition like kidney problem then you have to consult a doctor before taking extra amino acids through food or supplement because it can show some adverse impact on your kidneys.
- There is myth that high protein diet will damage our kidneys, but it is a half truth. According to meta analysis study of journal of nutrition in 2018 by Canadian research team proves that high protein diet doesn’t show any adverse effect on kidneys of healthy adults.
- Always switch to a protein diet bit by bit. It means always start with a low protein intake and increase it moderately.
You have to choose those shampoos, conditioners, and hair serums in which harmful chemicals like sulfate, parabens, and silicones are not present, and the benefits of amino acids are already present in that. In short, we can easily say that a protein-rich diet with vitamins and minerals helps you to get healthy and strong hair.
Now let’s discuss the benefits :
- Our hair is made up of 95%of protein. Amino acids Present in it play an influential role in the growth of our hair cells.
- Cysteine and methionine are the two most vital amino acids for healthy hair. These amino acids are rich in sulfur which can help in the formation of keratin protein in hair that is the chief nutrient to fight hair problems.
- An amino acid called Lysine helps Promotes collagen production, which is an essential protein for hair. It prevents our hair follicles from damaging and greying and gives you lustrous hair.
- An amino acid called Tyrosine present in this nutrient can increase melanin production in our body. Melanin protects our skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Healthy levels of glutamine amino acid in your body can prevent further hair loss and, even it can increase the growth of our hair.
- L-arginine amino acid produces nitric oxide that increases the blood circulation in the skin and promotes a collagen production in body which will make our skin healthy and younger-looking.
- Some Amino acids protect our skin from the UV rays of the sun.
- Amino acids-rich foods can increase collagen production, which increases elastin protein that maintains the elasticity of the skin.
- Amino acids have natural moisturizing factors for the skin. It will maintain skin hydration and a healthy appearance that will help you to get rid of dull and dry skin.
One thing that you have to keep in mind is that in addition to this nutrient, you have to take carbs, fat, and other vitamins and minerals to get healthy skin. With this, you will also be able to develop your body well.
Now let’s talk about what you have to cut from your diet:
- Quit alcoholism and smoking.
- Minimize sugar and sodium from your diet.
- Avoid oily food.
Protein for muscle-building:
- Amino acids is a building block of muscles. Its acts as a fuel for our muscles which helps to repair the muscle tissue, and also increase its growth.
- It is important to take this nutrient after a workout and increase your recovery process of your muscle tissue, which you broke during your training.
- It is also the foundation of your muscles. Consuming an adequate amount of protein will increase your muscle mass and its growth.
I hope you all liked my thoughts and I hope my information about protein will add some value to your life. In the end, I would like to say that fitness is not an overnight concept. It takes patience, dedication, and time. Don’t be upset by thinking about the resources you don’t have. You should focus only on the resources you have for a healthy lifestyle.