What is protein:
It is a blend of 20 amino acids, of which 11 are non-essential and 9 are essential amino acids.
Our bodies do not produce essential amino acids on their own. We have to take these amino acids from the outside.
Our bodies produce non-essential amino acids on their own. It also contains carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, and sulfur, and it is observed in many foods.
Three forms of protein available in the market are concentrated, isolated, and hydrolyzed. These forms are available in powder form called whey protein powders. The main difference in these forms is the digestion time and its price.
|Less expensive than
What is the daily requirement of protein for males and women?
Everyone believes that It is only valuable for people who belong to the fitness industry, but it is also a building block of our good health. Its requirement is different according to individuals’ activity level.
A human who does not want to build muscle requires an exact amount of protein in grams equal to his/her weight.
For example: Assume a person weighing 70 kg requires 70 grams of protein daily for healthy living.
The per-day requirement For muscle building:
Everyone requires double the amount of protein according to their weight.
For example, A person whose weight is 70 kg required 140 grams of protein daily.
Word of caution:
Things that you have to always keep in mind before adopting a high-protein diet:
- Always drink 2-3 litres of water daily while consuming a high-protein meals diet because it increases blood circulation in your body, making it easy for nutrients to travel through the blood and reach the muscles. And it also helps your kidneys in the filtration of your blood.
- Suppose you already have a medical condition like a kidney problem. In that case, you must consult a doctor before taking extra amino acids through food or supplement because it can adversely impact your kidneys.
- There is a myth that a high protein diet will damage our kidneys, but it is a half-truth. A meta-analysis study in the Journal of Nutrition in 2018 by a Canadian research team proves that a high-protein diet doesn’t adversely affect healthy adults’ kidneys.
- Always switch to a protein diet bit by bit. It means always starting a low protein intake and increasing it moderately.
You have to choose those shampoos, conditioners, and hair serums in which harmful chemicals like sulfate, parabens, and silicones are not present, and the benefits of amino acids are already present in that. In short, we can easily say that a protein-rich diet with vitamins and minerals helps you to get healthy and strong hair.
Now let’s discuss the benefits :
- Our hair is made up of 95%of protein. Amino acids present in it play an influential role in the growth of our hair cells.
- Cysteine and methionine are the two most vital amino acids for healthy hair. These amino acids are rich in sulfur, which can help in the formation of keratin protein in hair which is the chief nutrient to fight hair problems.
- An amino acid called Lysine helps promote collagen production, an essential protein for hair. It prevents our hair follicles from damaging and greying and gives you lustrous hair.
- An amino acid called Tyrosine present in this nutrient can increase melanin production in our body. Melanin protects our skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Healthy levels of glutamine amino acid in your body can prevent further hair loss and even increase your hair’s growth.
- L-arginine amino acid produces nitric oxide that increases blood circulation in the skin and promotes collagen production in the body, making our skin healthy and younger-looking.
- Some Amino acids protect our skin from the UV rays of the sun.
- Amino acids-rich foods can increase collagen production, which increases elastin protein and maintains skin elasticity.
- Amino acids have natural moisturizing factors for the skin. It will maintain skin hydration and a healthy appearance that will help you to get rid of dull and dry skin.
Now let’s talk about what you have to cut from your diet:
- Quit alcoholism and smoking.
- Minimize sugar and sodium from your diet.
- Avoid oily food.
Protein for muscle-building:
- Amino acids are a building block of muscles. Its acts as a fuel for our muscles which helps to repair the muscle tissue and also increases its growth.
- It is essential to take this nutrient after a workout and increase the recovery process of your muscle tissue, which you broke during your training.
- It is also the foundation of your muscles. Consuming adequate protein will increase your muscle mass and its growth.
I hope you all liked my thoughts, and I hope my information about protein will add some value to your life. Ultimately, I would like to say that fitness is not an overnight concept. It takes patience, dedication, and time. Don’t be upset by thinking about the resources you don’t have. You should focus only on the resources you have for a healthy lifestyle.