Vitamin e is a fat-soluble vitamin and a potent antioxidant. It is also known as anti-sterility vitamin and in search of a disease.
It is a mixture of fat-soluble chemical compounds like tocopherols and tocotrienols, including alpha, beta, gamma, and delta. In which most active is alpha-tocopherol. Evans and bishop discovered vitamin e in 1922 and synthesized it in 1938.
Benefits Of Vitamin E for hair and skin:
- This vitamin is a potent antioxidant like vitamin c. Vitamin E prevents our body cells from damage caused by free radicles and reduces the risk of cholesterol oxidation.
- It also plays a vital role in improving our immune system because it acts as a powerful antioxidant and helps our body to fight against infections.
- The study of epidemiology and health statistics of the Qingdao university medical college proves that vitamin e can reduce the risk of age-related cataracts.
- According to the study of the US national library of medicine, vitamin e plays a vital role in muscle repairing after a workout.
- According to the study of Annals of Saudi medicine, This nutrient can prevent us from prostate cancer.
- Vitamin E protects our eyes from any disease because it repairs the retina, cornea, and urea, which is the pigmented portion of our eyes.
- Some studies show that some isomers present in vitamin e like alpha, beta, gamma of vitamin e act as antioxidants and reduce unhealthy cholesterol.
- This nutrient also improves our cardiovascular health because it controls cholesterol oxidation in our bodies. It also slows down the progression of hardening of the arteries and keeps our heart healthy.
- This vitamin is very beneficial for our skin because it improves its elasticity and acting as a natural anti-ageing nutrient in your body. Vitamin E protects our skin from the ultra-violet rays of the sun and reduces the risk of skin cancer. This nutrient can give you wrinkle-free skin and makes your skin youthful.
- It can solve all hair problems like environmental damage, thinning your hair, dry hair, etc. Applying Vitamin E oil on your scalp improves blood circulation, reduces premature greying of hair, and makes your hair thick and healthy.
- This nutrient is essential to maintain a required balance between nervous and endocrine systems that help our body balance hormones. Hormonal balancing helps to maintain a healthy weight, maintain a menstrual cycle and keep you energized. Hormonal balancing prevents you from allergies, infections, anxiety, fatigue, and changes in the skin.
- Vitamin E also delays memory loss in older people and mitigates the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, which is a common disease in the older generation.
It is a complex network of glands where hormones are produced, stored, and released.
It means a women’s body prepares itself for the pregnancy. It is a monthly series where the ovary releases an egg for fertilization. If the egg is not fertilized, then women get periods which we call the menstrual cycle.
Deficiency of vitamin E can cause:
- Hair loss.
- Weak immune system.
- Less muscle mass.
- Damage skin.
- Problems occur related to the nervous system.
- Muscle weakness.
- Vision problems.
- Fertility problems.
- Cognitive disorder
It means people face difficulty in remembering things, making decisions, and they also have a slow learning power.
Good Vitamin E rich food Sources:
- Sunflower and soybean oil.
- Peanuts and peanut butter.
- Wheat germ oil.
- Sunflower seeds.
- Red bell pepper.
- Hazelnut oil.
- Red sweet pepper.
- Pine nuts.
- Goose meat.
- Mamey sapote.
A daily dose of vitamin E:
|Pregant and breastfeeding women||19mg|
I hope you found this article helpful and knowledgeable.